a "would you rather" running survey is going around. i found it from andrea and immediately wanted to partake, as i loved playing would you rather as a kid (and let's be real, as an adult, it's fun, too)!
1. would you rather run a 5K or a marathon?
5k, hands down. i've never done a marathon, so the easy answer is 5k. maybe some day i'll do a marathon, but the two times i tried to train for one i had to drop out of the race due to a bad injury. it's hard to think about training for another after that!
2. would you rather run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold?
hilly race in the cold. i thrive on running in the cold and i can do hills. heat, i struggle with immensely. probably because i'm a michigan girl and it's cold here at least 6 months out of the year :)
3. would you rather get new running shoes or a new running outfit?
as much as i looooove new running clothes, i love new running shoes more. since i still haven't found the perfect shoe, i'm obsessed with trying new brands and models.
4. would you rather run a marathon without headphones or a garmin?
without head phones. i'm such a data freak i would feel like the marathon didn't count if it wasn't tracked on my garmin (or bia watch). that's sick, i know, but it's true.
5. would you rather choose a race because of the convenience (location, price, travel) or the swag?
convenience. swag is cool, but i pretty much always choose races because of location or travel (either somewhere i'd like to go, or somewhere that is close and easy to get to).
6. would you rather run a PR that results in an injury or finish strong and miss a PR?
finish strong and miss a pr. i'm so sick of being injured. i would give anything to run strong again!
7. would you rather do 100 squats or 100 push-ups?
squats. gimme buns and glutes of steel, please. i have wimpy arms and ride the struggle bus when it comes to push ups. i can maybe do 10, and only on my knees.
8. would you rather run without socks or without a sports bra?
seriously?? this has been the hardest question yet! i guess without socks, although that is a recipe for disaster with my feet. but i once had to do a stress test without a bra and i hated even damn minute of it. i don't think i could run down the drive way without a sports bra. it's a must.
9. would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour?
run around the block, any day. treadmills suck.
10. would you rather run a ragnar relay or be part of a marathon relay team?
marathon relay team. the thought of living in a van and not getting formal sleep (or lack of bathrooms) stresses me out, which is why i haven't done a ragnar yet!
11. would you rather run naked or take a naked yoga class?
run naked. i wouldn't do either, but at least if i was running naked, i could do it in the middle of the night when (hopefully) no one would be out to see me :)
12. would you rather come in 4th in the olympics or 1st at the new york city marathon?
olympics any day. representing the u s of a would be amazing.
13. would you rather give up running for 3 years to get a bq (boston marathon qualifying time) or never bq but run as much as you want?
i'd rather never run boston. i would do anything to be able to run as much as i want without injury. i could barely go a full month without running earlier this year, and right now the thought of a week without running makes me cringe. plus, i could always enjoy the spirit of boston as a spectator!
anyone got any other would you rather running questions?? these are fun :)