not to freak anyone out, but the year is half way over. i swear time is going by faster than it ever has. since another quarter is gone its time to hold myself accountable and check in on my 2013 healthy habit goals!
- add variety into my routine by trying new workouts, classes, etc.
- progress: while i tried some new classes earlier in the year, i haven't done anything new since. most of that is because running is priority #1 and i don't want to get injured trying something new!
- make my new local meetup group a smashing success: getting more fitness oriented women together
- progress: i've got a private zumba class scheduled for the group on july 14th and i posted a bunch of free events last month. something is better than nothing.
- get over my fear and try a fitness solutions class at the gym
- progress: still hasn't happened. pretty much because this class doesn't go with any of my current training goals.
train for and beat high school 5k pr of 25:05
- completed! 5k pr of 24:34 on march 10th!!! i also hit my second goal of running a 5k in under 24 minutes on june 9th! BAM!
- train for and run at least one half marathon (should i go for the time goal? under 2 hours 1/2 marathon)
- progress: i am signed up for two half marathons and will start officially training later in the month. woo hoo!
complete the 5k challenge
- progress: completed!!!
complete the RAW 2012 challenge
- completed, but missed mileage goal by 35 miles.
- be an ibs eating-well champion (learn as much i can to feel better)
- progress: meh i've realized i've got a lot to learn still before i can really be an ibs champion!
- learn how to bake gluten-free
- progress: i've dabbled and dipped my toes in, but far from knowing what i'm doing. my next step here would be to take a legit baking class
- stick to "the plan" on holidays
- progress: nope.
- cut back on fancy espresso drinks from coffee shops
- progress: these past few months have been a mess. i put myself on another budget, so i will try and really be dedicated to it going forward. 1 treat a week, or 4 a month and that. is. it!
- drink. more. water.
- progress: still less than perfect here. any advice? i bought some electrolyte powders and stuff to try and give me incentive to drink more.
- participate in the $5 savings club
- progress: in the first quarter of the year, i had $70 saved up. as of today, i have $165 saved up, which is a 135% increase!
- track expenses and categorize them to understand spending habits
- progress: what is this goal again? but seriously, i analyzed 4 months of expenses a week ago, categorized them and then made a budget based on my spending habits. so i'd say having awareness is progress in this category!
pay off 1 of 2 remaining student loans
- progress: done!!!!!!! so excited to only have one student loan left!
- cut back on impulse purchases
- progress: i am trying to be more conscious about this. i slacked off last month but now that i'm "back on" a budget plan, i will work hard to be diligent.
- write shorter posts (don't bore people with your drawn out chatter)
- progress: this is hit and miss. sometimes i just have a lot to say! but i am more conscious of what i'm writing and if i can shorten things up more so than i ever was.
- attend a blogger conference (or some sort of organized gathering)
- progress: i don't think this is going to happen this year, unless there's something in november or december. travel and running plans just aren't working with timing.
- build a great, supportive blogging network
- progress: i think i'm still doing this! right? right. :) i've found a lot of new bloggers i really enjoy and connect with. so that's exciting!
- write, write, write (make time for it, alicia!)
- progress: blogging is still the only writing i've done. need to change this.
- golf more! really focus on improving swing and relaxing on the course (golf is not life or death)
- progress: i got back onto the golf range in june and also played a couple rounds. i'm using my swingtip to help analyze my swing and i'm really focusing on a relaxed stance instead of trying to change too many things at once.
- learn how to snowboard (27th birthday bucket list)
- progress: this didn't happen. maybe in december?
- read. read. read.
- progress: i am 5% into about 5 books now. oy. i am bringing two books to the lake and the goal is to finish those. then i'll work on the ones i started and never finished.
- get moose back into dog training
- progress: we tried to get her into training in june but the timing didn't work. so now we're looking at a mid-july start date.
- create a cleaning schedule or suck it up and hire a cleaning person once/month
- progress: this is a joke. since i hate cleaning, the pressure is on for a cleaning company. my close friends all rave about having one... time to give into peer pressure?
- continue to track gas mileage/fill ups
- progress: haven't started this up again. actually forget this was a goal so that is half the problem.
- complete! and it's gorgeous and i love it. and i still need to post pictures.
- spend more time being proactive in friendships (go the distance)
- progress: hard for me to judge this one. i think i've been more social than i normally am. but its a struggle and this is something that could always be improved.
- don't be afraid to make new friends
- progress: making new friends as an adult is hard... seriously.
okay, your turn for a progress check! how are you doing on your 2013 goals?? going to switch anything up now that the year is half way over?