a quarter of the year is over. seriously. can you believe it? i can't. since my mind operates in quarters thanks to my job, i figured it would be suiting to check in on my goals for the year at the end of each quarter, too.
so, here we go!
so, here we go!
- add variety into my routine by trying new workouts, classes, etc.
- progress: i've tried two new classes so far: a zumba toning class and an advanced step class. zumba toning i would try again. advanced step? never again.
- make my new local meetup group a smashing success: getting more fitness oriented women together
- progress: need to work on this. it started out with a bang, but as work got busier, my ability to schedule events got more and more infrequent. there are 62 members in the group, which i consider a success!
- get over my fear and try a fitness solutions class at the gym
- progress: hasn't happened. pretty much because this class doesn't go with any of my current training goals.
train for and beat high school 5k pr of 25:05
- completed! 5k pr of 24:34 on march 10th!!! now i'm trying to see if i can get under 24 minutes.
- train for and run at least one half marathon (should i go for the time goal? under 2 hours 1/2 marathon)
- progress: still doing the 5k challenge, so not training for this yet. i did sign up for a half on september 29th though, so it is in my future!
- complete the 5k challenge
- progress: i have three 5ks left in the challenge. i can't believe i'm almost done!
complete the RAW 2012 challenge
- completed, but missed mileage goal by 35 miles.
- be an ibs eating-well champion (learn as much i can to feel better)
- progress: meh i've realized i've got a lot to learn still before i can really be an ibs champion!
- learn how to bake gluten-free
- progress: i've dabbled and dipped my toes in, but far from knowing what i'm doing. my next step here would be to take a legit baking class
- stick to "the plan" on holidays
- progress: nope.
- cut back on fancy espresso drinks from coffee shops
- progress: in january i cut back, february and march were a mess. time to stick to 1/week again!
- drink. more. water.
- progress: my new water bottle helps... but less than perfect. i'll start small and try to drink a water bottle full a day. and go from there.
- participate in the $5 savings club
- progress: though i rarely have cash, i'm sticking to this one! i've got $70 saved up so far!
- track expenses and categorize them to understand spending habits
- progress: i was into this for two weeks... and then...
- pay off 1 of 2 remaining student loans
- progress: still working on it. i am putting more of any "extra" money into paying off the lowest of the loans, first. it will be paid off by the end of the year!
- cut back on impulse purchases
- progress: i did pretty well in january, but february and march were a mess. going to try and be more diligent about this, cuz the bank account, she's a hurtin'!
- write shorter posts (don't bore people with your drawn out chatter)
- progress: you guys should be the judge of this one! i think i've made good progress on this. i've noticed myself chopping paragraphs and using bullet points way more than i used to. need to keep it up and keep going!
- attend a blogger conference (or some sort of organized gathering)
- progress: have my eyes set on the healthy living summit in minneapolis this september. there's also potential for a midwest blogger meetup in october and a tbd michigan blogger meetup.
- build a great, supportive blogging network
- progress: i think i'm doing this! right? right. :)
- write, write, write (make time for it, alicia!)
- progress: blogging is the only writing i've done. need to change this.
- golf more! really focus on improving swing and relaxing on the course (golf is not life or death)
- progress: i golfed in february! so thats a big change from last year. as soon as spring hits for good, i'll be hitting the driving range.
- learn how to snowboard (27th birthday bucket list)
- progress: this didn't happen. maybe in december?
- read. read. read.
- progress: i've been reading the same book for a month or so now. it's so scientific its hard to read, but i have my sights on re-reading "the great gatsby" before the movie comes out in may!
- get moose back into dog training
- progress: ha! that's a joke.
- create a cleaning schedule or suck it up and hire a cleaning lady once/month
- progress: this too, is a joke. i was feeling humorous when i wrote these goals, obviously.
- continue to track gas mileage/fill ups
- progress: this was going great until i had to get a new cell phone and lost all the data from the original app i was using. could start this up again.
- complete! and it's gorgeous and i love it. i owe you guys pictures. soon, i promise!
- spend more time being proactive in friendships (go the distance)
- progress: hard for me to judge this one. i think i've been more social than i normally am. but its a struggle and this is something that could always be improved.
- don't be afraid to make new friends
- progress: working on it! but making new friends as an adult is hard... seriously.
okay, your turn for a progress check! how are you doing on your 2013 goals?? does anyone else struggle with making friends as an adult?