folks. i am humbled to tell you that amy @ writethisdownamy has nominated me (and my little blog here) for the liebster award! thank you, amy! you rock and i hope my acceptance speech doesn't let you down. (side note: i'm not sure this is a real, legit award. feels kinda like a chain letter... but it's nice to be thought of. plus who doesn't love a little bling for their blog?)
the rules of the liebster award:
- you must thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- you must write eleven facts/things/tidbits about yourself.
- you must answer eleven questions that were given to you from your nominator.
- you must nominate eleven other bloggers who have 200 or less followers and tag them in your acceptance post.
- you must create eleven new questions for your nominees to answer in their acceptance post.
- you must notify your eleven nominees on their blog, so they can accept their award and pay it forward.
- you must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- after all of this is done, you may add the Liebster Award Button to your blog.
here are eleven facts/things/tidbits about myself:
1) i have three cats (two are mine, one is my boyfriends) and one dog. my house is a mini-zoo, but wouldn't have it any other way.
2) i was in a best buy commercial in college. it's online somewhere. if you ask nicely enough, i just might show it to you.
3) my favorite nickname in high school was "super q". the only person who called me it was my cross country coach and it truly made me feel like i had superpowers.
4) i make awesome jello & pudding shots. they're pretty much gourmet and i thought about trying to make a legit business selling them.
5) i won my first writing contest when i was in 3rd or 4th grade. it was a speech contest about "what i wanted to be when i grew up." i thought i was baller status when i had practice sessions with one of the high school speech teachers. i was a pretty big deal in elementary school, let me tell you.
6) i'm super involved in a women's leadership group in my office. i lead/organize a lot of events and i love every minute of it. can we make this a full time job?
7) i left a real christmas wreath up for almost a full year after my parents gifted it to me last december. i took it down just two weeks ago, when they sent me another to replace it. the wreath didn't rot, smell bad or go brown. i'm actually surprised at how great it looked all year round!
8) my boyfriend and i are super into the tv show "once upon a time." we started watching it on netflix, and are getting cable for a few months starting next week so that we can resume watching when it comes back in january.
9) i can isolate a muscle in my lower lip and make it twitch. i don't know why or how i learned to do this, but i haven't met anyone else who can do it, so i am assuming this is a unique talent. i can't do it when i'm laughing or smiling - it's physically impossible.
10) i lived in australia for three months in 2011. i learned that i hated being away from my family, so i'm going to live in michigan for a lot longer than i anticipated.
11) i wanted to try out for my college mascot (when i was in college, obviously), but was devastated when i found out that i didn't meet the height requirements. (i was too short)
here are eleven answers to amy's questions for me (and her other nominees):
1. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging for a super long time. I had websites as soon as the internet started (they were Backstreet Boys fan websites). I didn't get into personal blogging until high school - probably my junior year when LiveJournal got popular.
2. What is your favorite holiday?
There's nothing more magical than Christmas. Sounds cliche, but it truly is the one holiday that makes me feel warm, happy and fuzzy inside.
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
Probably French and English. I was French Honor Society President. Holler.
4. What is your favorite dessert?
I will eat anything. Pumpkin pie and Trader Joe's coconut ice cream have been my most recent cravings. And Pamela's Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies. They're incredible
5. Who is your favorite musician or band?
The Backstreet Boys are my all time favorite. :)
6. What is your go-to outfit?
Jeans, boots and a slightly oversized sweater.
7. What is your greatest phobia?
8. What is your favorite show?
Once Upon a Time, Parks & Rec
9. What is your favorite color?
10. What is your favorite Christmas movie to watch?
The Santa Claus. It's a family tradition to watch it on Christmas Eve
11. What is your favorite drink?
Soda, probably. Diet, of course. Bloody Marys are my favorite boozy drink.
time for me to nominate lucky bloggers!!
(ps i have no idea how many followers these bloggers have. i just like these ladies and i think they should have thousands of followers. also, i am not nominating 11 because a lot of the blogs i stalk have already been nominated!)
susan @ notsosuddenlysusan.com
becki @ fighting for wellness
lori @ lori out loud
tami @ journey to a healthy life
jess @ run jess run
emily @ fit and free with emily
lori @ running with lori
lastly, here are the questions for my nominees to answer:
1) what's the most embarrassing thing in your closest right now?
2) what's your biggest pet peeve?
3) if you could attend any concert (band could be existant now, or existant in the past), what concert would you go to?
4) if you had to only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
5) where's your favorite place to have "you" time?
6) what song pumps you up the most for a workout?
7) when you were in elementary school (or just a little kid), what did you want to be when you grew up?
8) tell us about your favorite vacation memory.
9) would you ever consider doing boudoir photos of yourself?
10) what are your new year's eve plans for this year?
11) what's your top tip for new bloggers?